Tips for good passwords
Password ≠ User ID
- Your password should never be the same as your user ID
Long and extraordinary
- Your password should not be to short: usually at least ten characters!
- Use capital and small letters in combination with unusual symbols and/or numbers.
No names, words or pattern
- It should never contain your first/last name or other personal data (e.g. date of birth, nickname, vehicle license plate number).
- Avoid words found in normal dictionaries.
- Don't use patterns like asdfgh oder 1234abcd
- Avoid words spelled backward or in leetspeak (leetspeak replaces characters with numbers or visual similar symbols).
100 worst password ideas
- Avoid most used passwords. You can find the top 100 of the Adobe-Password-Hack in http://stricture-group.com/files/adobe-top100.txt. The top 3 are: