The TUM created the IT-Servicecenter (ITSZ) in 2011 with the aim of bundling the university's IT expertise.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- is responsible for any issues affecting the overall IT infrastructure at the TUM,
- operates campus-wide systems and applications such as SAP and TUMonline,
- and supplies comprehensive IT services to support web (myTUM, Typo3) and e-learning applications.
Connection to other TUM IT institutions
The ITSZ is linked to other IT facilities including:
- the Information Services Department of the university library,
- Weihenstephan Information Technology (ITW),
- School of Math and Computer Science Computer Services Group (RBG) and
- the IT departments of the University Hospital rechts der Isar and the Forschungs-Neutronenquelle Heinz Maier-Leibnitz (FRM II) research reactor in Munich.
This ensures that the operation and development of the IT infrastructure is coordinated on a campus-wide basis.